Apparently I’m late on this trend. Leather wrap bracelets are EVERYWHERE lately and its about time I sat down and made a few. Or 10. These things are selling for anywhere from $10-$200 and come in a huge variety of colors and styles. Truthfully, I’m not usually a bracelet kind of girl, I find they get in the way of my busy hands. But these I just CAN NOT resist. I love that they can be worn with just about anything, dressed up or dressed down, and best of all, I love that I can DIY them! Take a look at the styles I made during my diy leather wrap bracelet mania:
Pretty sweet huh! And SUPER easy! Keep reading for the tutorial(s).
Cost: $5-$15 depending.
1. The Beaded Leather Wrap Bracelet: This is the most common wrap bracelet I’ve seen floating around online. I made mine using these FABULOUS tutorials: this blog, Rings and Things, and this video from AuntiesBeads.com. I used what I had at home so I ended up using brown embroidery floss and turquoise round beads. I LOVE how it turned out and it was super easy to make. You’ll quickly become addicted to this technique and will want to make one in every combination.
2. The Multistrand Beaded Leather Bracelet: This one is super easy as well. Well really they all are! for this you need 3 strands of suede lace, a couple of crimp endings, a clasp of some kind, and beads that have a hole big enough to slide them onto the suede lace.
Here are a couple more done similar ways as the purple one above.
3. The Braided Leather Beaded Wrap Bracelet: These can be made to wrap just once or made really long to wrap around multiple times. This is a really simple process of just braiding leather suede lace and adding a bead to the outside strap every few braids.
Heres another I made that is a quadruple wrap bracelet…
And another double wrap blue one with a pretty bead closure… (these will be for sale soon on my Etsy shop) :)
4. The Braided Leather and Chain Wrap Bracelet: This one is my favorite I think. Same story as above, braided leather, but this time I threw in some chain as well to glam it up a bit. I also used super soft deerskin lace. Also, I used wire to create a loop closure and attach a clasp to.
Here is another single wrap I did the same way with silver and black chain…
5. The Leather Weave Chain Wrap Bracelet with Charms: This is another fav. This time all I did was secure a single deerskin leather strap onto the end of a wide chain with a little bit of super glue and then I wove the leather in and out of each link in the chain. Easy peasy. And then of course I simply attached some funky charms.
I like it as an anklet too…
I also made this cute little “ocean” inspired bracelet with some scraps…
Look for the one above as well as some others I’ve made in my Etsy shop!
Happy creating everyone! :) Come back soon for more great tuts and don’t forget to tell your friends!