A couple of weeks ago I finally made a slipcover for my kitchen settee. After I was done with it I decided that it needed a throw pillow of some kind. I’ve been really liking the typography pillows I’ve seen but didn’t find one that “spoke” to me, in the literal sense. I wanted something that would make sense for a kitchen dining area and decided that I liked the phrase “Eat Play Love” since it combines all of my favorite things. So I pulled out my fabric and decided to make my own DIY Typography Pillow.
Heres the process:
Cost: $6 + depending on what you have on hand
- Fabric or a premade plain pillow case. (I used an old curtain to make my pillow case).
- Buttons (if you’re sewing a pillow case from scratch like I did).
- Welt (this is optional; I used leftover french welt that I’d made out of an old curtain for my settee slipcover).
- Freezer Paper (found in the grocery store near the Reynolds Wrap).
- Fabric Paint.
- Foam craft brush.
- Exacto knife.
- Piece of cardboard to fit inside pillow case.
- Pillow or pillow form.